Monday, May 19, 2014

The Journey Begins!

Journey is the constant theme of our lives as Christians - there is a reason our early foremothers and fathers were called "the People of the Way"!  Jesus took to the road and shared the good news of his Father's love and our salvation.  No coincidence that the disciples met Jesus on the way to Emmaus!    

As a member of the Pilgrim People of God, this journey via the Camino is a reminder that the Impermanence of the things of this world cannot be compared to the reality of the next!  I pray for patience and calm - two things I have in short supply!  May this pilgrimage call me to the be present to each graced moment on the way!

Leaving a day early out of Phoenix in order to make my Madrid connection was the first challenge for me, as I had this day planned out so that I could be calm when I left tomorrow! 

Had a TSA pre-check so it has begun well!  I probably still look a little stressed because I don't have a seat assignment yet!!


No comments: