Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Arrival

I arrived in Leon, rather exhausted from the journey.  The long plane ride was blessed by the young man sharing the row with me (yes, no one in the middle seat!!) Danny works for Delta in Cicinnatti and was on his way to Portugal with a friend to visit another friend.

We talked until about midnight about faith and relationships.  He was genuinely excited for me when I told him what I was about to begin.  He would like to journey along the pilgrim road some day, too.  As the plane was getting ready to land, he asked if he could pray with and for me.  He imparted to me the most wonderful blessing!  Another angel on the way!  

My reception from my fellow-pilgrims was wonderful!  It's all good!  Began to see my first Camino signs in Leon.  Tomorrow will be a long first day - 23KM in the rain - mostly!!

Also was overwhelmed by the windows in the Cathedral!


3 comments:

Deb said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deb said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deb said...

How wonderful you can use this method to remember all the wonderful people you meet on this Journey. Thank you for sharing your thought. Blessings, Deb